The Safety Institute of Australia Ltd is Australia’s professional body for health & safety professionals. With over 60 years experience, and a membership of over 4,500, the SIA aims to develop, maintain and promote a body of knowledge that defines professional practice in OHS.
We are committed to creating a profession that can deliver the highest standards of OHS and we do this through the engagement of our individual members, corporate and strategic partners, governing bodies and key profession stakeholders.
Through the SIA, individuals have access to qualified timely advice into public policy and regulation, research and development to advance OHS knowledge and guidance. We have developed a body of knowledge to set health and safety standards, procedures and practices to be adopted on a national basis across the profession.
Aims & Objectives
As our professional presence continues to grow the SIA’s objective remains the same, to promote the safety and health of people.
We aim to:
- Promote health and safety awareness through engagement and sustainability of the profession
- Develop, maintain and promote a body of knowledge that defines professional practices in OHS
- Create a competent profession that can deliver the highest standards of OHS
- Provide authoritative and timely advice and input into public policy and regulation
- Facilitate the application of OHS principles and expertise in allied fields
- Encourage and prioritise research and development to advance OHS knowledge and disseminate results to the profession and key stakeholders
- Improve professional support for members through the SIA’s programs and services
- Increase membership engagement and formalise partnerships to grow the SIA
- Develop a body of knowledge to set health and safety standards, procedures and practices for the profession on a national basis