WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR THE SAFETY PROFESSION?
JOIN THE SIA TODAY!
Some of the benefits of membership of the Institute are:
Research Database EBSCO Host
- Access to the EBSCO Host electronic research database - the world's leading premium research database service.
News & Information
- Branch Updates for your state or territory
- Regular updates on legislative changes
- National electronic newsletter- OHS Professional eNews
- National peer-reviewed journal - Journal of Health and Safety Research and Practice
- National magazine - OHS Professional
- Professional Development through regular meetings, seminars, and the opportunity to participate in SIA committee work.
- Networking: the opportunity to make contact with other health and safety professionals. Members can also seek support from other safety professionals and exchange information and ideas.
- Information: "OHS Professional magazine" - SIA's flagship publication, distributed four issues annually, "Journal of Health and Safety Research and Practice" - SIA's peer-reviewed journal, distributed two issues annually, "OHS Professional eNews" - SIA's electronic newsletter, distributed weekly, "Branch Update" - Events and information in your state or territory, distributed weekly, "Job Alert" - Regular OHS employment opportunities.
- Regular updates and the opportunity to provide comment through the SIA's National Technical Panel on legislative changes and Australian Standards.
- Being a Graded Member of the SIA (which is the industry benchmark and proof of Continuous Professional Development) is a major benefit to your employer during a safety audit, for marketing your Consultancy or when applying for a future career opportunity.
- Professional recognition through the use of post-nominal letters after your name (eg. Chartered Professional Member "CPMSIA", Fellow "FSIA" & Chartered Fellow "CFSIA")
- Eligibility for inclusion within the Register of Safety Professionals, which also enables the use of the post nominals "RSP").
- Membership Certificate and an Annual Membership Card.
- Strengthening the profession of health and safety through joining SIA, actively participating in promoting health and safety, ensuring ongoing continuous professional development and seeking recognition through SIA Membership Grading.
- Reduced cost of attending SIA seminars, conferences and workshops.
Professional Insurance Discount
- Professional Indemnity Insurance is available at a discounted rate (Chartered Professional Member and above).