Draft Codes of Practice that have been released for public comment are:
1. Safe design. Manufacture, import and supply of plant.
2. Working in the vicinity of overhead and underground electrical lines
3. Traffic management in workplaces
4. Scaffolding work, and
5. Formwork and falsework
The model codes for work health and safety have been released for a twelve week public comment period.
The public comment period is open from Monday 2 April to Friday 22 June 2012.
This is the third set of codes or practice developed to support the Work Health and Safety Act and related Regulations. These codes will be used as model codes as part of the harmonisation process for work health and safety legislation in Australian workplaces.
How do SIA members participate and make comment?
Members of the SIA of all grading's are encouraged to read and where appropriate comment on the draft codes.
The SIA will be compiling a consolidated response to Safe Work Australia on all of the draft codes of practice through Amanda Day, Manager - Corporate Relations. SIA members are strongly encouraged to provide comment through this process. We would particularly like to hear from members who have expertise and/or extensive experience in the hazards and risks being addressed by the codes.
Instructions to Follow:
For input to the SIA’s consolidated submission please follow these steps
1. Download the draft code of practice
2. Download and read the issues paper
3. Download and complete the response form (adding more rows as required in the response table). Note that there is no need to complete a cover sheet if you wish to provide input into SIA’s consolidated submission.
The documents can be located on the Safe Work Australia website: Click here to be redirected
4. Save and email your completed response form with the specific subject heading of “Codes of practice consultation third stage” to Amanda Day at email@example.com by COB Friday 15 June 2012.
We look forward to your input and comment on these draft codes of practice.
Should you have any queries or concerns, contact Amanda Day on 03 8336 1995.