Welcome to the SIA Mining & Resources Special Interest Group.
The Mining & Resources Special Interest Group is provided for any financial members of the SIA to gather and discuss issues relevant to extraction, beneficiation, refining and purification of metallic, non-metallic and energy minerals such as coal and uranium and petroleum oil, condensate and gas industry.
Examples of the industries relevant to the group are:
- Mining: - Coal, Metalliferous, Gemstones
- Oil and Gas: - Crude Oil, LPG, LNG, Bunker Fuel and Petroleum Products
- Quarrying: - Construction Materials, Industrial Minerals
- Refining: - Smelters, Metallurgical, Petrochemical,
- Drilling: - Exploration and Production
This Special Interest Group aims to develop a strong network of SIA Members who are interested in or involved within the various fields of the Mining & Resources Sectors.
This Group has set short term objectives
- Ensure healthy representation of the industry within the SIA through establishing the Mining & Resources Industry Group contacts list,
- Foster and build strong networking opportunities,
- Facilitate discussion on industry trends and issues,
- Encourage information and innovation sharing across SIA Members in these industries.
- Promote SIA Credibility and Membership within the Mining & Resources Sector.
The Mining & Resources Special Interest Group Forum requires active support and participation so please open a thread for discussion or participate in one of the forums.